Re: Kernel 2.6 in FC1 ?

I tried using both synaptic and up2date when I first installed FC1. Then I ran into problems with multiple versions of some packages. Synaptic warned that the affected packages could not be updated automatically as a result, and using that list I was able to clean up the extra versions. I don't KNOW that it was caused by using both synaptic and up2date, but I don't know it wasn't either, so these days I use synaptic only. I find it more flexible and easier to control, and adding new archives is a snap. I would describe up2date as a tool, but synaptic is a utility.
Cheers,
Gordon Keehn