Re: How do I get a /dev/sequencer?

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

You are correct, for the actual ALSA driver the parameter "mpu_port" is
correct. The IO address you used is unused? The sequencer device exist?

Yes, /dev/sequencer and /dev/sequencer2 exist as device files in /dev, and now that ALSA is installed an attempt to open /dev/sequencer triggers an ALSA-related kernel module. The hardware device also exists and works. (I can play MIDI in that other OS.) But the driver says "no device found".

IO address - is that the "0x300"? Then need to learn how to find out which addresses are unused. Are you saying I can pick any unused address? Isn't there a specific address to address the sound chip?

BjÃrn Persson