Re: Will FC2 have MySQL 4 ?

On 25/02/2004 11:30 Nigel wrote:
Hm,

My error, but I was working on the assumption that the code / app used
was
not GPL.

Am I wrong in thinking that an in-house admin system revolving around
BASH
scripts & the mysql / mysqladmin etc would require a GPL or other
license?
Or would this App be exempt as it uses other (definately GPL) apps to
access
the DB?

If you're uncomfortable with the hornet's nest of trying to understand My$QL's licencing policy, you could always use another open-source DB. PostgreSQL and Firebird (no, not the browser!) are in IMHO both way superior to My$QL. Just as there is life in the OS world outside of M$, there is life in the DB world outside of My$QL.

--
Paul Thomas
| Thomas Micro Systems Limited | Software Solutions for the Smaller Business |