Re: Fedora's SSH

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 09:03, Jeff Vian wrote:
> I have one location where I do similar, and what you can do is set the
> external interface of the linksys, port 21 to forward to port 22 of your
> linux box.  That way you only need to connect from your work on port 21
> but do not need to change the port your home box listens on.

Port forwarding is up and running.  You can try a test page here:
http://linux4me.dyndns.org/

I thought that the from-to port was a range : )
I had 6881 to 6889 for bittorrent, thinking that all those ports would
be forwarded.  It would be better if it was a range since there are not
many entries for port forwarding.  I need to get an old box and setup an
iptables firewall one of these days ; )

Jim Drabb
The box said: "Requires Windows 98/2000/NT/XP or better."
So, I installed LINUX!
James Drabb JR
Senior Programmer Analyst
Davenport, FL USA