Re: If you were building Linux Mail servers...?(what hardware?)

OpenBSD is probably the most secure of *NIX distributions.  But nothing
will stop misconfiguration attacks.

Pretty much everything works these days.  Use RAID, hardware is faster,
software RAID is cheaper.  IDE Disks fail all the time, but they are
cheap.  Probably use RAID5 unless this is critical stuff then go with
the mirroring of RAID1.

Fast, lots of RAM, room to expand, multi-power sources and multi-network
connections through different services are nice too (one goes down, the
mail keeps going!  Both go down you're hosed).

Cheers,
Chris

--
Software Engineering IV,