Re: RH now exiting 1 more data center

Wade Hampton wrote:

Are these SMP machines or P4 with hyperthread enabled and
running the SMP kernel?  If so, there is a known bug (and it bit me,
so I'm not using fedora except at home).

Well, I have two P4s with hyperthreading enabled running fedora core 1 at work... no problems so far...
Maybe I'm lucky (as I havent had any problems with fedora so far , only with suse...)...
Maybe the time will come when I'll have all the bugs exploding in my face .... I'll have to wait and see..

But back on topic , if the guy wants to leave fedora , ok ... go for it... I work as a network admin on the
computer science university where I study. I've installed Fedora against my boss orders and I dont regret it...
I havent had any problems so far (one machine is a nfs server , the other is a machine open to students to run
cpu intensive programs and other is our mailqueue)... So far , my only problems were with suse (the distro my boss likes..)

To the original poster:
It's up to you to decide what you want: slackware , debian , windows , suse , RHEL , fedora... the are many choices....
If you want help , just say what's going on and we'll try to help.. if you want to keep bitching , please , leave this mailing list, as this place is where we
try to help people who use fedora and are looking for help , and no place to bitching....

--
Pedro Macedo
(once again , tired of folks who just like bitching , but dont have the balls to ask for help when needed)