Re: Official Fedora Core 1 (Yarrow)

On 20/02/2004 21:01 Pedro Fernandes Macedo wrote:
On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:17:08 -0600, AMAZING POWERS OF OBSERVATION
<m_epling> escreveu:
> De: AMAZING POWERS OF OBSERVATION <m_epling>
>            fedora core 2 test 1  is expermentail and will not run
> --reason for that is there working to gety the bugs out .

That's wrong. Fedora core test 1 runs and is stable , but not as stable
as fedora core 1 (for me , it is as stable as fedora
core 1 , but lots of people on fedora-test-list will disagree with me).
If you dont want to hunt bugs,  then use fedora core 1
until FC2 is officially relased. If you want to help hunting the bugs ,
feel free to join us...

I put FC2-test1 on my ageing P266 laptop and apart from a few GNOME glitches, it ran fine although it seems to use about 20MB more RAM than FC1. That might be caused by debugging symbols perhaps being compiled in. All-in-all, I think FC2 is going to even better than FC1.

--
Paul Thomas
| Thomas Micro Systems Limited | Software Solutions for the Smaller Business |