Input Method

I have problem inputing japanese  in any application that I do not start
from the command line. If I start the application from the command line
everything works fine and I am able to use kinput2 and canna to type
japanese but if I click on an icon or type in the application name in
mini-comander I am not able to type japanese even if i change the Input
method to X Input Method.

I am using a mixed locale, bellow is my .i18n file
LANG=ja_JP.eucJP
LC_MESSAGES=en_US