Re: RH now exiting 1 more data center

Res wrote:

Well ive listened to the other bashers and those ones who think Fedora
will be better than the RH we knew....I maintain about 40 slackware
boxes, 2 fedora and 3 RH9. since the last round of updates the 2 fedora
boxes have died several times without reason, total lockup on kernel
panics. the other boxes incl rh9 just chug away like they are not even
there, because  RH 9 will cease to get supporot in 2 months, i will be
going into the data center today to piss off the 2 fedora boxes and
replace them with slackware, and sadly,in a couple months or whenever i
get sick ofmanually making and applying updates, the 2 RH9 boxes will go
to slackware as well... I find it unacceptable that fedora is now the
winblow$ on the linux world., as I and numerous
other loyal RH's since almost day one saw this lack of QC with these
fedora changes, I am not at all suprised.

I do not know what checking process is in place now with this 'open co
munity' bullshit but its F'in pathetic QC compared to the old.

That is why we moved all our servers to FreeBSD.

The only RH machine left in our organization is my workstation. I understand your frustration. I have barely been able to keep wine woring on this one last machine. FreeBSD doesn't run wine very well otherwise I wouldn't be using linux at work anymore. I have two apps
that require wine. When cd-rom access is supported in wine on FreeBSD, then the only palce I will use linux is at home.