Re: kernel 2.6 questions????

When upgraded to kernel 2.6 my mouse, the X-Window system, and my soundcard failed to work. I couldn't get past the boot process because I could see what was happening as soon as it went into the GUI. It also went into the GUI latter than usual because it said there were module errors or something. Anyway I'm glad I have two backup kernels, LOL. I'm going to screw around with it later and see if I can get it working; I just don't want to screw up my global setting. Like if I change an X setting it's going to propogate to all of my kernels.

Michael Robinson
mrobinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.fuzzymuzzle.com

Christopher K. Johnson wrote:

jay wrote:

Ok I have seen kernel 2.6 rpms for fedora and i have even went as far as
installing one but my problem is this ... When it boots it only goes to
the part where it is time to mount the root file system..... Has anyone
else used these rpms and had success, I'm asking because I'm a truck
driver and often times i don't get the chance really sit down for a long
period of time behind my computer, so compiling is something that I'm
trying to avoid for the time being but if i have to then so be....
thanx

Try the information here on other changes you need to make when you install a 2.6 kernel http://fedoranews.org/jorge/howto/howto01.shtml