Re: Got Postfix now what?

Actually, if you've got a working FC1 installation, you should have the imap package and probably already have pop3 and imap server daemons running.  Set up an email client to retrieve your email and you're in business.  It really is that simple!  If you want to use procmail and spamassassin etc, it gets more complicated, but your email servers are probably already functional.  - John
----- Original Message -----
From: Jwp
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2004 2:10 PM
Subject: Got Postfix now what?

Please excuse the ignorance of a newbie.

A little background: I have a registered Domain name and a Fedora Core 1 box set-up to handle incoming mail for the domain.  Now what I would like to do is turn it into a working e-mail server allowing pop3, IMAP, for remote e-mail checking/retrieval.

Thanks to the help of some kind folks on this list I was able to get postfix up and running on my system.  Where do I go from here?

A newbie friendly tutorial would be ideal, though I have searched the web to no avail.

And I realize that running a mail server may be a bit much for a newbie especially from a security standpoint.  But I still would like to get it up and running and go from there.

Thanks,

JP