Re: New Apache License?

T. Ribbrock wrote:

Hi all,

I've seen some talk about the consequences of the new XFree86 license,
but I haven't seen any comments on the new Apache license. Again, like
in the XFree86 case, the license has become more complicated - only in
this case immensely so. It's almost impossible to understand without a
lawyer now (see http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0), which makes
me wary...

Also, I've seen comments that the new patent clause may be incompatible
with the GPL - does anybody know more about this?

Cheerio,

Thomas

Looks like the open source world is killing itself..

First it was MySQL, then XFree86 and now possibly Apache, all of which are major components of what makes Linux distro's useful to many of us..

Then the major distro's going commercial making the barrier of entry significantly higher for newbies, home users and SME's..

If it continues at this rate M$ will not have to worry about Linux and open source for very long..

Later..