Re: VPN options

Keith Lofstrom wrote:

To get things back on track, I am asking whether cipe or freeswan
have problems with Fedora, not whether comcast might, sometime in
the future, forbid VPN.  The info on comcast was to clarify
motivation and application.

My question was about cipe versus freeswan versus other, in the
specific context of Fedora.  I have to choose a protocol, and I
would rather avoid wasting resources on something that is hard to
get working.  Anyone have any answers to this?  If you want to
debate the comcast issue, please change the subject line, thank you.

Keith

FC2 test1 uses the 2.6 kernel, which provides built-in ipsec support. The ipsec-tools package provides utilities for configuring and managing ipsec VPN. For a new VPN implementation you should check that out first. I intend to do some experimenting with that as soon as I get a second 2.6 system to play with.

Chris

  Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021