Re: X slower in FC1??

On Sat, 2004-02-21 at 22:12, Jeetendra Mirchandani wrote:

recently we migrated a server from SunOS to FC1

we are getting a problem that X applications such as gv/xdvi are running
very slow, with display exported

I assume this means they're slower now than before the migration?

It's most probably the default X video drivers, as they are
NOT 3D accelerated. You will need to google for the 3D accelerated
driver for the type of video card that system has. Once you have done
that you will notice that it will be much faster.

but i am exporting display. does the video driver come into play here?

You wouldn't think so, but I can't say for certain. I've occasionally run into situations where exported displays suddenly seemed much slower, and it's turned out that the NIC on one of the machines was running at 10 Mbit instead of 100. Worth checking.

Peter