Re: PuTTY 0.54 rpms (http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/)

Once upon a time, WipeOut <wipe_out@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> Quite simple really.. I usually need to map at least 3 ports to work
> across the ssh link on each of the servers I am accessing.. So the
> command line would end up being something like this..

So create a section in your ~/.ssh/config:

Host <server name>
	Compression yes
	GatewayPorts yes
	LocalForward xx <ip>:xx
	LocalForward yy <ip>:yy
	LocalForward zz <ip>:zz

Then just "ssh <server name>".  You can even create host aliases this
way, by doing:

Host <alias>
	HostName <real server name>

and do "ssh <alias>" to connect to <real server name>.

> With PuTTY I am able to simply setup the profile and save it, then each
> time I need to connect it simply a case of double clicking the profile
> and logging in.. All the ports are maped and there is very little chance
> of making a mistake..

Everything you can do at the command line can be set in the config file
with OpenSSH.  See "man ssh_config" for more information.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams@xxxxxxxxxx>