borked my grub boot config and can no longer boot my old kernel

Hi
Just finished installing test1. I left the paritions for FC1
well alone (hda2 - hda10) and installed test1 from hda11 and above. Upon
reboot I found that the new grub menu no longer contained my FC1 kernel as
a boot option.

I think it was because I mistakenly (or more like brainlessly!) chose to
write the test1 grub config to the MBR instead of the first sector?

So what can I do to get FC1 back on the menu? I booted to the FC1 with
linux rescue but wasn't sure what do with the grub config to get it back.

Any words of wisdom would be much appreciated. :-)

--
Matt