Re: Postfix and Maildir

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 17:53:43 -0500 Jason Dixon <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Feb 20, 2004, at 11:41 AM, Richard Welty wrote:

> > the rh/fedora installation is slightly tricky, the best approach is
> > to build binary rpms from the source tarball and then install the
> > rpms. this is all discussed on the page that the url given above
> > links to.

> Actually, I found the tarball incredibly easy to build binaries with.
> Simply prepare the non-root user's rpmbuild environment as outlined in
> the FAQ, the do an "rpmbuild -ta <tarball>".  Twenty minutes or so
> later, voila... courier-imap plus all the goodies.

yes, the rpmbuild is straightforward. what is tricky is that for a period
of time (it may be fixed now) the docs in the tarball didn't mention this,
you had to run across the explanation of building binary rpms on the
web site. if you didn't see it (i didn't at first), then you got real
frustrated real fast trying to build binaries from source the old fashioned
way.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx