Re: iptables anyone???

Mitch Wiedemann wrote:
Rick Stevens wrote:

Have you tried reading the iptables HOW-TO?  Or use a decent firewall
builder such as FireStarter (http://firestarter.sourceforge.net) to
have a nice GUI to do it with.

Just want to say thanks to Rick for recommending firestarter!

You're welcome!

It was easy to download and install, and more importantly, it has allowed me to configure a firewall, and easily let through NFS traffic from my wife's computer! Finally!

People who have come from Windows, using ZoneAlarm, should check out Firestarter in Fedora Core.

Oh, and thanks to the firestarter developers for creating a most useful and simple tool!
http://firestarter.sourceforge.net

I'm glad it worked for you, Mitch. There are other, similar GUI iptables manipulators available, I'm just most familar with FireStarter. A search at sourceforge.net will net a bunch of them as will a google search with "iptables +gui".

You should send your kudos to the FireStarter development team as well.
Nothing makes an open source contributor happier than a rave review and
pat on the back--except, perhaps, a lot of cash!  ;-)
- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -
-           If it's stupid and it works...it ain't stupid!           -