Importing Favorites from windows to Mozilla/Firefox

I've tried this methods so far:

 find *.url -exec cat '{}' \; | grep 'URL=' | grep -v '[[:alpha:]]URL='
>> ~/favorites.txt

It filled up that text file with the long list of "URL=http://...."; it
grepped from the windows .url files. I had planned to convert that to an
html file and import it in Firefox now, but there's a few problems.
Find chokes when it encounters files with characters like '---' or '['
or whatever weird names those links have. Another thing is I can't do
this recursively, gotta move all links from their organized folders to
the root folder I'm working in.

Being something I have to do on several machines with _alot_ of
favorites, I can't resort to renaming/moving files around. Is there a
better way to do this?