Re: Hello...

Martin Jackson wrote:
I am a long-time linux user, peeking in on fedora now that there's a new release pending.

I have been a redhat user on and off for about 6 years. Currently, my home systems are split between debian and gentoo. I am very encouraged by the enhanced choices fedora is now offering: multiple imap servers, shiny new versions of nearly all the software it includes, and so on.

One of the things that has always bugged me about redhat's packaging of fetchmail is that they don't package an init script with it to start it in daemon mode. I filed a bugzilla bug about that two years ago. If I were to submit an initscript for fetchmail relatively soon (like be the end of next week) might it be included in the final release?

Also, I am a bit curious as to why FC2-test1 includes older releases of postgresql and mysql. It should be easy to get the newer versions, and theoretically at least they are bugfix releases. :)

Thanks,
Marty

Two short answers. This group is fairly chatty, so if you have a good init script it might not make it in this time but shared expertise is seldom wasted.

As to MySQL, I asked about that some time ago and the comment was something about licensing. The other problem for me is that I use php, so if I upgrade mysql I have to redo or build my own php config as well. It's certainly doable but I have other things to keep me busy and not enough brain cells to share.

ciao!

leam