Re: /proc/kcore a little big :|

Raphael wrote:

Hello

This morning running tripwire, I see /proc/kcore modified. Considering I did not know this file, I go see and try to edit it to see. God !

-r--------    1 root     root     951070720 Feb 13 08:48 kcore

What this file contain? The 951mo is stable but it is modified every minute.

Why is tripwire monitoring anything in the /proc filesystem.??
That is a totally dynamic area and should not be monitored by tripwire.

Tripwire is to monitor files/filesystems that do not normally change and to alert when a 'static' file gets altered.

I suggest you get your tripwire configuration properly set so it does not give false alarms.