Re: Mozilla keeps crashing

azoele@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi straced it (strace /opt/thunderbird/thunderbird), for stracing thunderbird-bin fails complaining libjmoz.so is not to be found.

But news to me is that:
as user, Mozilla/Thunderbird/... crashes
as root, works.

Especially Thunderbird lets me, as a user, set up a email account, and then, as soon as I click "Ok" dies.
And won't start anymore.
Remove .thunderbird dir, same steps, cnfigure email address, and the dies again...

>  <.. snip ..>
I didn't see anything signiificant in the strace (that I understood...)

If this is installed under /opt, perhaps there are libraries that it
can't load.  See if

ldd /opt/thunderbird/thunderbird

shows any missing libraries.  If so, locate them (perhaps by doing an
ldd as root?) and add the directories to /etc/ld.so.conf (and then "ldconfig"),
or add them to a LD_LIBRARY_PATH  environment var.

Hope this helps,  -Bob Arendt