Re: Fedora Core 1 Update: gimp-print-4.2.6-4

Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
Hello William,

Fedora doesn't use RHN.

Then what is the Red Hat Network Alert Notification Tool doing in my
task bar? Usually I do see updates being available there before they are
announced.

Bye,
Leonard.

The rhn-applet has been improved so it is able to check for updates in repositories (ftp or http). Redhat Network or RHN is setup a bit differently and is what you and many longtime Redhat users are used to.

The alert ICON works for yum and I imagine apt-repositories.

The new lead person can probably fill you in on what RHN is. It is basically a whole network structure vs. a package repository, which uses header information generated by yum or apt tools for the server to know what to do with rpms on the repositories.

Jim

--
A friend of mine won't get a divorce, because he hates lawyers more than he
hates his wife.