Re: kde 3.2 -> 3.1.4

I too am encountering these issues. *sigh*. I dont really feel that they are all that big of a deal, but then again I dont do much on my *nix box.

Austin

Mitch Wiedemann wrote:

I was having similar trouble, most specifically with the panel freezing when I clicked on it. I've switched back to 3.1.4. Here's my procedure if anyone needs it:

Open the "System Logs" app and go to "RPM Packages" and filter for kde.
Copy the list and print it out. (there are a couple that aren't kde packages, so ignore them)
log out (to the GDM login screen)
Ctrl+Alt+F2 to get to a console
As root:
rpm -e --nodeps kde[packagename] (do this for each kde 3.2 package)
Install 3.1.4 from FC1 discs 1 and 2 starting with kdelibs and kdebase.

I can now use my KDE again without going crazy. I guess I'll wait for a later version of KDE to try again. KDE 3.1.4 was actually fine for me, I just got caught up in the 3.2 buzz. You know how that is... :)

Emiliano Brunetti wrote:

I am testing kde3.2 since some days.

Everything was very nice in the beginning, and it is quite faster than
the previous version.

However, since 2 or 3 days it hangs seldom, and i have to go for
'alt-tab' or 'alt-F1' to bring it back to life, let alone kill x server
once in a while. Moreover, ICQtoGo (java version) keeps crashing very
often and looks like java apps performance is worse. It didn't happen
before upgrading to kde3.2.

How's going with you guys? All happy and no problem? Did you tweak
something?

I downloaded and installed kde rpm from kde.org.

E.