GeForce FX + NVIDIA driver + X = Failure?

Hey

I've just spent awhile with WebDragon from #fedora, google, and the NVIDIA driver readme, and can't seem to get x to boot with the new driver. I've tried the RPM from livina, and both the 5336 and the 5328 driver install files from NIVIDIA. I'm using a GeForce FX 5200, and (obvioulsly) Fedora.

You see, when I start up X, I get a blank screen with some white jibberish, like what you get when you try and open a binary in gEdit. The XFree86 config is correct, and I can't find any errors in the Xfree startup log, or any errors that matter in the nvidia-install log.

I've tried google, I've spent about an hour with someone in a private message on IRC, and I can't seem to get it to work. I must of tried installing the driver 2-3 times using each method. I also made sure to uninstall my previous attempt before trying again.

Has anyone had this problem and fixed it? My next step will be trying to see if anyone in the xfree86 IRC channel can help.

Thanks in advance!