Re: Sensors and sis5595.o

M.Hockings wrote:

>> Boards with ITE 8705 often show a misdetected sis5595. Most likely the
>> right driver is it87.
>>

> I only have physical access to two of the machines at the moment, one is
> at a remote site.  Even the two that I have access to it would not be
> convienent (for both me and the users) to pop the covers off right now.
> However, I was able to find the board on the Web at
> http://www.kobian.com/products.php?productid=340.
>
> It indicates that is uses "System Hardware Monitor: Built-in ITE8705F".
> But with only the it87 driver it appears that sensors does not seem to
> return any data.  Are there any special tricks to make this work?

In your /etc/rc.local you should have:

modprobe i2c-isa
modprobe it87

If these modules aren't loaded, load them manually.

Type sensors -s
Then sensors

and post the output. I'm not sure what you mean by "it appears that
sensors does not seem to return any data." When you type 'sensors' Do
you get a list of the sensors with no data, or do you get nothing?