Re: Sensors and sis5595.o

Markku Kolkka wrote:

M.Hockings kirjoitti viestissÃÃn (lÃhetysaika lauantai, 7. helmikuuta 2004 02:24):

Scanning for the sensors seems to indicate the presence of a
SIS5595 and probably a SIS950, which would make sense as it is
a SIS based MB.

Which motherboard is it? You didn't try reading the specs or actually looking at the board to see which chip it uses?

Probing for `Silicon Integrated Systems SIS5595'
 Trying general detect... Success!
   (confidence 9, driver `sis5595')
Probing for `ITE IT8705F / IT8712F / SiS 950'
 Trying address 0x0290... Success!
   (confidence 8, driver `it87')

The it87 module loads ok but does not seem to show any sensor
data and the SIS5595 module does not seem to load.

Boards with ITE 8705 often show a misdetected sis5595. Most likely the right driver is it87.

I only have physical access to two of the machines at the moment, one is at a remote site. Even the two that I have access to it would not be convienent (for both me and the users) to pop the covers off right now. However, I was able to find the board on the Web at http://www.kobian.com/products.php?productid=340.

It indicates that is uses "System Hardware Monitor: Built-in ITE8705F". But with only the it87 driver it appears that sensors does not seem to return any data. Are there any special tricks to make this work?

Mike