Re: Dumb Newbie

Jwp wrote:

The registered domain is b-dub.org

Umm I was under the impression that each box on my LAN needs a unique name
ie the Linux box is cosmo and the XP box is Marco.  Making the hostname for
the linux box cosmo and the domainname b-dub.org?

Did I just expose more of my ignorance?

JP

That's how things are. Each machine in a domain needs to have a unique name.
In case you want to be able to send a mail to user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and postfix accept it , you have to add something like mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, $mydomain , $myhostname.$mydomain to main.cf (this is considering that myhostname = cosmo and mydomain = b-dub.org are set in main.cf) . So , if someone sends a mail to user@cosmo , user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx , user@xxxxxxxxx or user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx , it will always get through.

--
Pedro Macedo