Re: vsftp and apache

Am So, den 08.02.2004 schrieb gm um 20:12:
> ftp-users and login into my box however,I can't seem to transfer files
> in or out or mkdirs. How can I fix it so certain directories like www
> allow those commands for ftp-users.

Assuming a standard FC1 installation, your html files are going to
/var/www/html. This directory is owned by root and the group root. You
may assign this dir to the group apache and grant write permissions to
the group.  Ftp users which should be able to save files into the html
dir must be members of the group apache, too.

> Also can anyone suggest a gui for
> vsftpd.

For ftp clients try gftp. For the administration of vsftpd webadmin may
deliver a gui, but I'm not shure about it.

Peter