Re: Dumb Newbie

Jwp wrote:

Ok so fixing the mx record put me back to where emails sent to
user@xxxxxxxxx are no longer returned to sender. However they still do not
come show up on my Linux system? Would this indicate that my ISP
(optonline.net) is filtering out this traffic?  (as a note I have not set
anything up past postfix yet.  And I have been checking w/ webmin to see if
messages are coming through, so maybe I should set up the other mail
services?)

Your suggestions greatly appreciated.

JP

Do a ps aux |grep postfix ... If you see a process called master , then it's running. Otherwise , do a tail -f /var/log/maillog and , with it running , do a service postfix restart. You'll see on maillog all the errors that are preventing you from running postfix..
Also , you can do a cat /var/mail/username to see if a message sent to an user called username really got through..

--
Pedro Macedo