Re: Mysql

I put the data in /home/mysql so that I can use rsync to move all /home/* to a backup server each night.

I suppose, now that you mention it, running a mysqldump to /home/mysql and THEN running my rsync would be better since I realize the data table copy isn't the best idea in the world, although it hasn't caused me any trouble so far...

Sometimes I do things because I don't know any better... :) Which is just the sort of reason I joined this list!

Thanks for the input.