Re: MySQL WinXP to Linux

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 11:16:43 -0500 Mario St-Gelais <legrimpeur@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Indeed I do have lower and uppercases.   I had a web base application
> running on Java (JSP) while using windows.  So I had to be careful when
> using case.  The table names seems to be ok as I can see their names
> when MySQL reports the errors. Ex : tblCompanyProfile.  But the field
> not existing...  I guess I will have to test with a DB having only lower
> cases named tables... :-(

i started sticking with all lower case names for tables and columns in
databases a long time ago. there are numerous traps with mixed case.
they are very noticeable when using PHP with PostgreSQL, but they
happen in other places as well. it's good to know that the MySQL
JDBC driver has issues as well, i'd not been aware of that.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx