Re: fedora core on emachines T2865

Joe Szilagyi wrote:

Hello,

Has anyone install FC1 on this system? I'm all but ready to pull my hair out since it absolutely will not find or acknowledge the generic NIC card installed on it. Emachines' site is vague as to what's in there, the card is basic, and nothing on FC seems to like it. I searched the archives and Red Hat's HCL but found nothing...

you could try sticking a knoppix cd in and see if that has any luck detecting the nic - knoppix is legendary for its hardware detection. If knoppix can detect it - run an lsmod to see which module it is using and then try to get that module working under fedora later ...

hth

pantz

--
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...
That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!