Re: Hello There...

Adam Cooper wrote:

Hi there

Hi.. And welcome to fedora ;)

1) Fedora comes with Mozilla (Now upgraded to 1.6) and Ximian mail. I
want to be able to click a mailto link in Mozilla and a window to open
up in Ximian. i.e. set the default mail app. I can't however find any
option to do that (at least within Mozilla). I've changed the default
mail app in the preferred applications utility and in the file types and
applications utility. What else do I need to change to get it to work?

Take a look at http://mozex.mozdev.org . This was posted before ....

3) This is a side note rather then anything else. Is it possible to
remove Mozilla completely and replace it with Firebird. If i try to via
the package management tool it tells me it has a dependancy with
libxpcom.so in OpenOffice which it can't find and it won't do anything
unless it is installed. How can I go about un-installing it?

If you want to remove mozilla for good , just do rpm -e mozilla --nodeps . This can have bad side effects , like Openoffice stopping to work.... I guess it's better just to leave mozilla there if removing it may break something...

Pedro Macedo