Re: yum livna nvidia problems.

Thanks for the info. I should mention that I'm an end user posting on the fedora user list, not a developer or rpm/yum guru. Also I avoid doing any edits to my yum.conf because I want to keep my system somewhat stable. I use the yum.conf from artoo.net but that's as far as I dare to go :-)

The only reason I've been posting is because my up2date throbber turned red last night and showed an "xmms-mp3" update. I ran up2date and it hung from the dependency problem. This seems wrong--apps shouldn't freeze and die this way, so I ran 'yum update' and saw the dependency failure. I figured this was the cause of the up2date hang.

I'm sure whatever needs to be done will be handled by people smarter than me! I've been getting emails off list that this is hitting a lot of people so I think I'll shut up now and let the gurus take it from here.

---
John