Re: Fewer partitions are better (Re: Disk Layout/Partitioning Practices)

<snip>
On a related issue, is it possible to combine several drives/partitions into one logical Linux file system?

In other words, if I have 3 hard drives, I might want to use one partition on hda for /boot, another partition on hdb for /swap, and use all remaining space on all other drives/partitions as the root fs. Windows 2000 can do something similar, can Linux do this?

--
Fritz Whittington