Re: anyone familiar with k3b in Fedora? {Scanned}

Dave Stevens wrote:

I have a Lite-on DVDRW LDW 411S CD and DVD burner and could not find a working CD burner in the default set of FC1 packages. I am trying to use k3b. The user interface is very nice, but for some perverse reason it doesn't actually write anything on the CD. I am trying to make a copy of some music and have tried burning an audio cd from ripped mp3s and no joy.

ideas?

As root, try a 'cdrecord --scanbus' and see if it finds your drive. If you added the drive after you installed FC1, you will need to add 'hdX=ide-scsi' to your kernel line in /etc/grub.conf (replace the X with the letter of your drive). My burner is an IDE secondary slave (hdd), and my kernel line looks like this:

   kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.22-1.2140.nptl ro root=LABEL=/ hdd=ide-scsi rhgb