Add "esound-devel" as a build requirement to the kdelibs SRPM?

I'm not sure whether this belongs on this list or the -devel list ...

Anyway, I was pleased to see RPMS and SRPMS of the new KDE 3.2RC1 appear on
download.kde.org. Since I want to use ALSA and mpegs, I decided to rebuild
the aRts, kdelibs and kdemultimedia from SRPMs with those options enabled.
This was actually pretty easy to set up with the built-in flags in the .spec
files.

When I went to rebuild kdelibs, rpmbuild helpfully gave me a list of the other
packages (mostly -devel RPMs) that were needed to build it, so I installed
those (through yum -- again pretty easy!). Then, about halfway through the
build process, compilation stopped because it failed to find libesd.so.

Some investigation proved that I had esound installed (and therefore
libesd.so.0), but not esound-devel (which creates the link libesd.so.0 ->
libesd.so). To me, this says that esound-devel should be added to the build
requirements of kdelibs.

Thanks to RedHat for providing these RPMs; it makes upgrading KDE much neater.

MEF

--
__ Mary Ellen Foster __ http://www.iccs.informatics.ed.ac.uk/~mef/ __
"What, do you want to tempt the wrath of the ... whatever, from high