cups printing problem

I have an hp-5550 DESKJET printer with a printserver at my LAN, I have set up my printer and all my windows PC's can print to this printer, but I don't know how to setup the printer at my Linux PC, can anybody help me? I have the drivers at my linux PC, but I have done something wrong because when I set up the printer it doesn't respond me. If I try a ping the ip adress responds, so there is phisical conection, the problem is with the configuration. Thanks for your help.

Jordi