Re: performance tuning -- application start-up time

Fred Nastos wrote:

Now, I just have to figure out why ssh is so slow. I had first attributed it to the same source as the above problem, but now that that is fixed, it is
still taking a long time to connect to other machines.

Thanks (especially to D. Norris and P. Macedo)

Fred ,
try using ssh -v -v -v . This will enable the highest level of debugging and will help you find what is making ssh slow... If the machine on the other end is very loaded , it will take a lot of time to accept a connection... So , as soon as you login on the other machine , see its load using uptime.. if it's above 1, then this explains a bit.. if it's above 3 , then load really is the issue...

Pedro Macedo