Dual CPU System Question

I have a dual-cpu system with Fedora Core 1 installed, running kernel 2.4.22-1.2149.nptlsmp. The system has 2 2.0 GHz XEON processors, 2 GB memory , yet the GUI seems rather unresponsive at times.

I noticed that /proc/cpuinfo yields:
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 2
model name : Intel(R) XEON(TM) CPU 2.00GHz
stepping : 4
cpu MHz : 1993.959
cache size : 512 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 2
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm
runqueue : 0

bogomips    : 3971.48

processor : 1
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 2
model name : Intel(R) XEON(TM) CPU 2.00GHz
stepping : 4
cpu MHz : 1993.959
cache size : 512 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 2
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm
runqueue : 0

bogomips    : 3984.58

processor : 2
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 2
model name : Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.00GHz
stepping : 7
cpu MHz : 1993.959
cache size : 512 KB
physical id : 3
siblings : 2
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe cid
runqueue : 2

bogomips    : 3984.58

processor : 3
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 2
model name : Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.00GHz
stepping : 7
cpu MHz : 1993.959
cache size : 512 KB
physical id : 3
siblings : 2
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe cid
runqueue : 2

bogomips    : 3984.58

While I would love to have a 4-cpu system, I only have 2...
Why are there four processors listed [RH 9.0 lists 2]? Could this be the reason that the UI seems unresponsive?

When I say unresponsive, sometimes the mouse doesn't track smoothly, window repainting is slow. I recognize that the graphics card could be to blame [its a G450 dual head card], but I don't see the same unresponsiveness under 9.0.

Overall, I have run applications on the dual CPU system that are, overall, outperformed by a 1.6 GHz laptop....

Thanks!