Re: Errata?

Bill Nottingham wrote:

WipeOut (wipe_out@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) said:

What does "package responsibility" mean??

Packager responsibility, sorry. It's up to the individual maintainer.

I was just looking at the updates coming through for RH9 but I havent seen them coming through for those packages on Fedora, so I was wondering what the structure was to get the errata deployed to the Fedora users.. If its left to the community, of which many are end users (as opposed to developers) there will most likely never be any security updates..

Find a specific one. Nag the package owner, or mention it here.

Bill

Get updates by applying community pressure.. :)

I am not after a specific one at the moment it just looks like FC is falling behind in this area looking at the number or updates coming out for RH9 and othr distos.. Of course I may be wrong and the fact that there are no updates is bacause the version that FC uses does not have a problem..

How would I determine a "package maintainer" if I wanted to contact him/her??

Thanks for the quick replies Bill..

Later..