Re: Errata?

Bill Nottingham wrote:

WipeOut (wipe_out@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) said:

Is there anyone in the Fedora Development team whos role it is to create, test and release errata updates (especially security) for FC??

No, it's package responsibility. Is there something in particular you're looking at?

Bill

What does "package responsibility" mean??

I was just looking at the updates coming through for RH9 but I havent seen them coming through for those packages on Fedora, so I was wondering what the structure was to get the errata deployed to the Fedora users.. If its left to the community, of which many are end users (as opposed to developers) there will most likely never be any security updates..

Maybe an option would be to get the Fedora-Legacy project more closely involved and get that project to take care of errata while the Fedora project handles the development.. Just a thought.. :)

Later..