Re: XEmacs Segfault

Mitch Oliver wrote:
That is the exact same behaviour I've experienced. I have not yet
found a solution. Which version did you build from source? I've
tried to build both 21.4.14 and 21.5.16 without success.
To fix your problems with the buttons, etc. you may want to read through configure.usage. There are a number of options in there
related to that.

Here's what I do to compile and install xemacs. I use the athena widgets rather than Gnome. The only major problem I have is with Xemacs going into a frenzy if I maximize the Xemacs window, but that stops when I un-maximize it.

tar xvzf xemacs-21.4.14.tar.gz
  (apply patch here)
cd xemacs-21.4.14
./configure --with-widgets=athena --with-athena=3d --with-dialogs=athena
make
  (change to root with su here)
make install
cd /usr/local/lib/xemacs
tar xvzf ~/path-to-xemacs-packages/xemacs-sumo.tar.gz

If you develop C or C++ code, you should probably also apply the patch available here:

http://list-archive.xemacs.org/xemacs-beta/200309/msg00205.html