NIC (eth0) Problems Since Moving from RHL9 to FC1

I recently moved from RHL9 to Fedora Core 1. When using RHL9 I looked
around and found a driver for the onboard NIC (bcm4400.o) and didn't have
any problems with my connection (Cable modem -> D-Link Gateway -> RHL9
box). I moved to FC1 and used the _b44_ driver. The internet response time
was really slow so I checked the NIC stats (ifconfig eth0) and saw lots of
RX errors and frame errors. I downloaded and installed the latest bcm4400
driver (v3.0.7) from Broadcom - same results. I enabled flow control on
both RX and TX just to see if that made any difference. Not much. I'm kind
of at a loss at this point as to what to try next. I even tried a Knoppix
CD but couldn't get the configuration right for eth0 so I gave up on that.
Any ideas would be really appreciated!

-Curt Stauffer
 Emory University
 Atlanta GA USA