SMB in 2.6.1-1.xx Kernels in rawhide

I usually use LiNeighbourhood to mount some SMB shares on a W2k Server.
I have noticed that with these kernels, SMBFS.ko is missing so now I
cant mount. CIFS.ko is still there but that does not seem to work.
It looks like the Arjan kernels have an "unsupported" RPM which amoung
other things provide SMBFS.ko.

My question is: Does the kernels in rawhide need to support this or
alternatively, how do you make the same happen (console & gui) using
CIFS.ko??

Regards,
--
Gavin Graham