Re: Default Moz install: Pretty, custom built: jaggy

Sean Kennedy wrote:

So the default install of FC1 has a 1.4 moz install that has non-jaggy
fonts.  I want the latest version of Moz, so I download and install it,
but the fonts here are very jaggy.

Can someone tell me how to make the new version look like the old
version, and why this is like it is?

It's like that because whatever you used isn't compiled to use xft, the newer font rendering stuff that makes everything look perty.

You can add the following to your yum conf, or just ftp the rpms from here:

[mozilla-seamonkey]
name=Mozilla SeaMonkey Releases
baseurl=http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/yum/SeaMonkey/releases/current/redhat/$releasever

Peter