From: Keith <ac7xc-lnx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Acrobat Reader 8 not working in FC1
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 15:03:34 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Ko Pu wrote:

> Has anybody succeded in making AR5.08 working under FC1? I downloaded the
> file from Adobe and installed several times, but it still won't work. I even
> tried to just open the application in both locations
> (/usr/local/Acrobat5/Reader/intellinux/bin/acroread and
> /usr/local/Acrobat5/bin/acroread) but nothing happened, is there anything
> that I need to do? I think if this part is not working, the plugin won't
> work either.
>
> Thanks in advance for your comment/suggestion

Have you tried running the program from a gnome-terminal, xterm or KDE Konsole command line? Any errors will be listed if the start up fails. One thing to check is the permissions and ownership for the files.

-- Best Regards, Keith NW Oregon Radio http://kilowatt-radio.org/ http://linux.com http://freebsd.org http://apple.com