Re: Preparing systems for end-user friendliness : Xine and DVD

Christoph Wickert wrote:

Distro :FC1
Kernel:-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl on an i686

Pretty old, huh?

Christoph

I have to agree with Christoph. If your company is making expressive changes to Fedora to make it user friendly , it would be a good idea to ship an updated system (I dont know if in your country is easy to get access to broadband connections or dialup internet for a cheap price, but it would make users happier if they find out that their just bought computer is updated and they dont need to spend maybe a few hours downloading updates if they're on dialup).
This specific kernel version has at least two security holes that have been fixed in newer kernel versions , so shipping something with this kernel is also a security risk...

Pedro Macedo