Re: shockwave flash player for Mozilla

The plugin consists of two files:

 flashplayer.xpt
 libflashplayer.so

Once they are installed, use the "locate" command to find them and copy them to any directory of your choice.

As someone mentioned here a while ago, the "system wide" location for Mozilla plugins in Fedora/RedHat is /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins.

Globe Trotter wrote:
I have. Just download the plugin, uncompress and follow the instructions.

I could not get it working with RH9, but works fine with FC1.

What disappointed me most was that there is no choice for installing it to a
directory of my choice (which would be good if I wanted to use a different
browser such as MozillaFirebird). So, I lug it along in my otherwise empty
.mozilla plugins directory.

HTH,
Best!

--- John Gray <johndgray@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I know that there have been a number of posts regarding this, but has
anyone actually got it to work?

John